We all know the importance of protecting our skin during the summer months, yet staying out of the sun and using sunscreen isn’t the only thing we can do to keep our complexion a glow. The truth is, the healthier foods we eat, the better our skin will look and feel. But instead of looking at our reflection in the mirror and feeling bummed about our skin, my friend at DP Resource elaborates on how we have the power through diet to improve the health, look and feel of our skin in this article.
If the summer heat and harmful UV rays from the sun are taking a toll on your complexion, try eating plenty of the healthy foods listed below to help your skin look radiant, youthful and clear.
Water – Drinking lots of water will keep skin hydrated and youthful looking.
- Oysters – Oysters are rich in zinc which is known to help build elastin.
- Almonds – Almonds are rich in Vitamin E, antioxidants and rich oils.
- Avocados – Avocados are rich in complex vitamins and essential oils which help keep the skin ravishing from the inside out.
- Blackberries, blueberries, strawberries – All three have the highest antioxidant levels compared to other fruits which is excellent for your face. Antioxidants are extremely important as they prevent and repair damage.
- Low fat yogurt – Lowfat yogurt is rich in acidophilus which is a live bacteria that is good for intestinal health and makes a positive impact on facial skin. It’s also high in Vitamin A which prevents premature aging.
- Salmon – Salmon keeps skin hydrated and prevents spotty dry patches.
- Oats – Oats are known to soothe and heal the skin while reducing inflammation, which tends to cause premature aging.
Eating a healthy diet consisting of healthy foods is one of the best decisions you can make for your skin. It’s best to stay away from sweets, cola, tobacco, alcohol and greasy foods and focus more on healthy food choices including the foods and vitamins listed above to keep skin looking fresh and youthful.