I know this isn’t a surprise to many of you, but I have a confession to make. I NEVER leave the house without make up! I love everything about make up from buying it, wearing it, trying new products, applying it on friends and clients, blogging about it and talking about it! I love how make up makes me feel. It makes me feel renewed and ready to tackle to world. I know it sounds funny, after all the hardships we are forced to conquer in our lives, is make up really that helpful or important? Well I believe it is, for myself and for others. Adding make up can give us a little push of self confidence so we aren’t worried about how we look all day or how others are seeing us.
I don’t recommend wearing a full-blown evening look from day-to-day, but adding a few quick habits to your daily routine (even if you are just hanging out in your yoga pants all day) will make you feel better and ready to charge through the day.
Follow these six easy steps in the morning, before you start your day. Once you get the hang of them, you’ll find them to be quick and effortless!
- Start with concealer. Apply on lids, under the eye, the creases of your nose around your nostrils, along lip line and apply one light strip down the center of your nose.
- Add a skin tone shadow on lid
- Add a light coat of mascara
- Dust loose powder around face
- Gently add blush upward from the apple of your cheek towards your temple
- Apply your favorite long-lasting lip color to your lips. Choose a lighter color for day, keep the darker hues for night.
Shannon Lazovski is the CEO of Glamorous Moms LLC, editor and owner of glamorousmoms.com, detroitfashionnews.com, is a MichMoms blogger for the Detroit News and is the founder of Detroit Mom Bloggers; connecting mom bloggers in the Metro Detroit area with pr firms, brands and each other for social media campaigns. She is a blogger, fashion/beauty/image consultant and a social media community manager. She loves to collect, jewelry, handbags and heels (typically the higher the better) and cannot get enough when it comes to the subjects of beauty and fashion.