When speaking wardrobe, every girl knows that she has an obligation to her lifestyle to have the right essentials in her closet. Basic pieces such as a pant suit, a little black dress, a pair of heels, a pencil skirt, a pair of great fitting jeans and a favorable handbag are all necessities to the everyday woman. Having these staples make it easy to put together an outfit for any occasion with little effort.
Same is true for accessories. Accessories should always be included when speaking wardrobe essentials and within your accessory collection you should always have the following five “go to” pieces to choose from before walking out the door.
- A Cocktail Ring – A cocktail ring that makes a statement easily jazzes up any outfit and can be worn for any occasion. Popular choices are natural stones, colorful gems and floral motifs set in either gold, silver or rose gold.
- A Watch – A watch is more than just a time piece these days. Many women like their watch to be another statement piece as well. Men’s watches are in among fashionable females these days and interchangeable bands are also very popular. If the larger men’s watches aren’t for you, choose a bracelet watch for a more delicate and feminine look. Either way, it’s a must have.
- A Statement Necklace – A statement necklace certainly isn’t for the everyday mom but it is important to have on hand. A statement necklace can be worn with jeans, a suit, a day dress and an evening gown. Whatever event is thrown at you the last-minute, a statement necklace can make any outfit feel new again.
- A Bracelet – Bracelets come in all shapes and sizes and it’s really up to you what type of bracelet you are comfortable with. Leather cuffs are fun and edgy, bangles are fun to layer and chunky statement bracelets are great to wear alone if your not into other types of jewelry. Layering several bracelets at once is on trend and a divine way to wear your favorites at the same time.
- Earrings – Every girl needs a collection of earrings. It’s important to have different size earrings including studs, hoops and chandelier styles. Having this selection handy will allow you to accessorize appropriately for any occasion.
Shannon Lazovski is the CEO of Glamorous Moms LLC, editor and owner of glamorousmoms.com, detroitfashionnews.com, is a MichMoms blogger for the Detroit News and is the founder of Detroit Mom Bloggers; a mom blogger network in the Metro Detroit area. She is a blogger, fashion/beauty/image consultant and a social media community manager. She loves to collect jewelry, handbags and heels (typically the higher the better) and cannot get enough when it comes to the subjects of beauty and fashion.