Turtlenecks have certainly come a long way. It seems they disappeared for a while but are now back on the radar. It’s no question they are warm and cozy and the perfect choice for a chilly day. But, how does one wear them and look stylish at the same time? We’ve got the answer. It’s quite easy to rock a turtleneck and make heads turn. Here are a few ideas on how to do just that.
- Pair your Turtleneck with a Motorcycle Jacket or Vest – Basically everything looks good under a well constructed motorcycle jacket. The same goes for an edgy vest. Both are basic layering pieces giving a “I’m cool and I know it” kind of vibe. Wearing a fitted turtleneck underneath adds warmth and style.
- Oversized with Volume – There is nothing better than a big comfy sweater that makes us feel good, keeps us warm and is in style at the same time. It’s a win, win, win for that matter! An over-sized turtleneck sweater looks best when worn with leggings or skinny jeans. One doesn’t need added volume on both top and bottom. To achieve this look make sure the pants are fitted and are figure flattering. This look is also great with a pair of flat riding boots or a pair of pumps.
- Layer your Turtleneck Underneath your Favorite Short Sleeve Shirt: It’s no secret many of us moms like to dress our little boys this way. The look is cool and it’s a warm choice too. But honestly, we don’t have to save this idea for our little ones, we can look great by pairing a turtleneck under a short sleeve shirt too! Try to refrain from packing away your Summer clothes for the Winter months. Leave them out and practice layering options such as this one. You’ll discover you have more looks than you thought, right within your very own collection.
- Monochromatic with a Mini – Choose your favorite fall color and find a matching turtleneck and miniskirt to wear together. This look is timeless. You can’t go wrong with a monochromatic look, heck match your tights and shoes too! Have fun with it from head to toe!
- Give your Turtleneck a Faux Fur Finish – By now you’ve probably gathered, a fitted turtleneck is a wardrobe staple. And, you’re absolutely right. Here’s another idea… A nice fitted turtleneck underneath a faux fur vest is rich, elegant and one of our favorite looks. I don’t mean to sway you…well, yes I do. This look is supermodel hot! Favorite colors? All of them, but, I personally like the monochromatic look in white or cream, black, and even oxblood!
Photo – Set created by glamorousmoms on Polyvore – Jil Sander turtle neck sweater / Mango turtle neck sweater / Gold Hawk turtle neck sweater / Three Dots turtleneck tunic / Talbots / Vionnet / Rachel Zoe / Three Dots Ribbed Viscose Turtleneck / Simon C Page O To Zero
Shannon Lazovski is a social media maven. She is the CEO of her own business, SoGlam Media, editor of glamorousmoms.com, detroitfashionnews.com, is a MichMoms blogger for the Detroit News and is the founder of Detroit Mom Bloggers; a mom blogger network in the Metro Detroit area. Shannon is also the Fashion & Beauty Expert for the Village of Rochester Hills. She is a blogger, fashion/beauty/image consultant and a social media manager. She loves to collect jewelry, handbags and heels (typically the higher the better) and cannot get enough when it comes to the subjects of beauty & fashion.