Now that we are a little older, wiser and we dress smarter, us moms tend to be a little too careful with our clothes. What does that mean? What it means is when certain trends come out, we are quick to think that we are too old or sophisticated to follow them. For some trends this is true but for the neon trend, think again.
Neon is a trend that’s not just for teenagers. Moms like you and me can rock neon too! When done right, neon clothing can be added to your wardrobe and worn with class and sophistication. Here’s a few ways to wear age appropriate neon.
- Cardigan Sweater – We all have them and we all adore them. A cardigan sweater is an easy age appropriate way to incorporate neon into your ensemble. Choose a color you like and one that goes well with items you already have in your closet.
- Belt – If you’re a bit neon shy, start with wearing just a touch of neon. You can do this by wearing a neon skinny belt around your waist with your favorite house of sweater.
- Skirt – For those of you who are excited to wear neon, go bold with a great neon pencil skirt. Be sure to wear it with a neutral color on top and a pretty statement piece of jewelry. This look is fun and youthful yet still age appropriate.
- Bracelets – Stacked bracelets are in and are very fun to wear. Choose 2-3 thick metal bracelets with a silver or gold accent and your favorite neon colors. Choose bracelets that are all the same color neon or you can mix it up by wearing three different colors.
- T-shirt – There’s no denying it, we all have our T-shirt days. Wear a neon T-shirt with your favorite pair of cropped jeans and a pair of cute ballet flats. With this look, you’ll be a stylish mom, wearing neon the comfy way!
Shannon Lazovski is the CEO of SoGlam Media, editor and owner of glamorousmoms.com and detroitfashionnews.com, is a board of directors member for Fashion Group International Detroit. She is a blogger, fashion/beauty/image consultant and a social media professional. She loves to collect jewelry, handbags and heels (typically the higher the better) and cannot get enough when it comes to the subjects of beauty and fashion!