Eat Right, Feel Right
The kids are back in school full swing and the weather is quickly changing. Typically this means colds and runny noses can start becoming a nuisance, especially since the kids are bringing home more germs and flu season has hit just about every community. Let’s not forget that we tend to run ourselves down by working around the clock & not eating right. This too can invite a cold when we least expect it. Make sure these five foods listed below are in your cupboards and are incorporated into your diet. Eating the right foods can easily boost your immune system and help you avoid those nasty sniffles and unwanted fevers.
1. RED BELL PEPPERS – Vitamin C is known for boosting the immune system. Red bell peppers contain double the amount than that of citrus fruits.
2. YOGURT – Many yogurts contain probiotics that help the body resist contaminations. They also help for a quicker recovery from infections.
3. GREEN TEA – Green tea aids in weight loss. It also contains antioxidants needed for optimal health.
4. SWEET POTATOES – We all know potatoes are white foods and “white foods” should be avoided. Swap out the mashed potatoes at dinner for sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes may be a carbohydrate but they are rich in antioxidants and improv cell growth and function.
5. SALMON – Salmon is a superfood providing omega-3 fatty acids which are necessary for the activation of T-cells. It has been proven that the higher your T-cell count, the better chance you have of avoiding sicknesses.