Here Are 8 of the Best iPhone Photography Apps I Recommend for your iPhoneography Journey
Bloggers, influencers and proud parents often need a good camera for those special moments that need to be immediately captured. But let’s face it. Not everyone has the money or interest to spend their extra cash on a great camera if they already have an iPhone. And, that’s completely okay.
I’ve taken a few iPhone photography classes during several blogging conferences and have learned a great amount of detail about my iPhone camera that I may have never learned on my own. If you’re an iPhone owner then you already know how awesome your camera is. But are you using the right iPhone apps to make sure your photos are perfect?
I’ve put together a list of my favorite iPhone photography apps to help guide you in to being a better photographer. Check out my list below.
Best iPhone Photography Apps
- Enlight: Free – If you prefer Photoshop, you’ll be able to use Enlight. A lot of Enlight’s functionality is similiar to Photoshop. If you want to go even more pro, Enlight comes with a subscription-only option called Darkroom. If you want to make more dramatic alterations to your photos, Darkroom is certainly for you. The Enlight Photofox subscription includes graphic elements that you can incorporate into your images.
- Snapseed: Free – Snapseed is a powerful photo editing app with a large range of tools for every type of editing needed. It’s easy to use and allows exposure, color and adjustments not to mention black & white and vintage filters. Many more options are also available including portrait enhancement, vignette, lens blur, double exposure, frames, and text.
- VSCO: Free – VSCO is a styling editing app with film-like filters (130+ to be exact). Subtle one-tap filter presets, adjustable filter strength, editing tools for cropping, exposure, color, and sharpness. VSCO filters allow you to change the look and feel of your pic with a simple tap.
- Touch-Retouch: $1.99 – Best re-touch app that allows you to remove unwanted objects from your photos in seconds as well as blemishes, litter, people, and other distracting objects. Touch-Retouch also has a handy line removal tool.
- Adobe Lightroom CC: Free with a subscription fee for extra features. – This is a professional photo editor app with advanced editing tools allowing you to get consistent looks by copying your favorite edits to entire albums of photos. You can even edit a photo in seconds with sliders and one-tap filters.
- Mextures: $2.99 – Mextures allows you to add textures, grain, and light leaks for unique creative edits. The app also allows you to layer several effects for unique blends and beautiful textures. You can also fine-tune images with editing tools and filters.
- Camera+: $2.99 – This is a camera app with manual controls and a range of shooting modes including shutter speed, ISO, white balance, and manual focus controls. The app also offers Slow Shutter mode for shooting long exposure photos, Portrait mode for blurring the background, Macro mode for capturing close-up photos and an option to shoot in RAW format.
- ProCamera: $5.99 – This app is a powerful camera app with DSLR-like controls that has easy-to-adjust shutter speed and ISO, an onscreen histogram to help with exposure, as well as an option to shoot TIFF, RAW and HEIF formats. ProCamera also has advanced white balancing settings.
- Instagram: Free – A social media platform that works as a photo sharing app that provides editing tools and filters. You can edit your photos right before sharing them with over 800 million users. Instagram offers a good selection of black & white filters, a messaging facility for private conversations and allows you to take high quality photos.
- Cortex Camera: $2.99 – Night-time shooting is difficult for everyone but with Cortex Camera, you and your iPhone are finally able to conquer photos in dark settings with Cortex Camera.
Do you have a favorite iPhone camera app? What do you use? I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment/reply below and lets talk photo apps!